Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+
The ReStore Mission Wall Project
The Design Volunteer is to create mission walls to highlight Habitat for Humanity of Greater Baton Rouge’s work, and impact in the community through visually creative approaches and displays that will be installed in ReStore North. There is a total of five walls that need to be created into mission walls.
The mission walls are to be innovative, environmentally conscious, and made from materials found in the ReStore. The Design Volunteer will also lead the construction of the mission walls along with Habitat for Humanity volunteers, partner families, and staff.
The Mission Wall Criteria
- The design aesthetic must include a cohesive design theme and color scheme that incorporates Habitat for Humanity’s logo, organizational colors, and mission statement.
- The mission walls must display photographs of Habitat partner families, volunteers, staff, donors, customers, and project sites.
Design Volunteer Responsibilities Include
- Being responsible for the creation, layout, and design of the mission walls. This project is independently lead, but all pictures, paint colors, and materials must be approved by the Executive Director and ReStore Manager before being finalized.
- Meet regularly or as needed with Habitat staff about the progression of project and is responsible for planning and executing presentations on the development of the project.
Mission Walls Construction Location
The Design Volunteer will be responsible along with Habitat staff for leading, instructing, and helping the volunteers in the construction of the mission walls.
ReStore North location: 4301 Airline Hwy, Baton Rouge, LA 70805
Applicant Qualifications and Skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, and works well independently.
- Project management skills and is able to help lead a team of volunteers.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent sense of layout and design.
- Is creative and loves DIY projects.
- Pays great attention to detail.
- Knowledge of home décor, building materials, or hardware is helpful.
Please submit the following by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter
- Samples of current or previous creative work (no more than 3 samples)
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: