Age Minimum (with Adult): 17+, Minimum Age:17+
AmeriCorps Member at Boys & Girls Clubs of Acadiana
Boys & Girls Clubs of Acadiana (BGCA) is seeking passionate, responsible and dedicated individuals interested in helping youth succeed and making a difference in young people’s lives through the AmeriCorps National Service Program. AmeriCorps members will complete a service term as an enrichment instructor at one of our Boys & Girls Clubs in the Acadiana Area: Lafayette, New Iberia, or Abbeville. AmeriCorps members help make learning fun for Club members planning, implementing, and evaluating activities provided within a specific program area, such as Education & Career Development, Character & Leadership Development, Sports, Fitness & Recreation, the Arts, and Health & Life Skills. The focus of this after-school program is Education - homework help and tutoring, high-yield learning activities, and other components of a well-rounded program to encourage learning, build academic skills & confidence, and to ultimately help to shape the character traits that will translate into a successful future.
Minimum Time AmeriCorps Members – Complete 300 hours per term of service (3 terms per year available)
Service Times – term #2: January 8, 2019 – April 30, 2019
- Available Monday – Friday – 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm (after school)
- Living Allowance (term used for PAY): $2,200 per term of service (divided into twice monthly pay periods of $275 each – or $550 per month, for a total of $2,200 for the entire term of service)
- Educational Award: $1,252.91 (paid to educational or financial institution once successfully completing term)
- Must be at least 17 years old
- U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
- Attend mandatory pre-service orientation
- Living Allowance stipend paid on the 15th and last day of each month
- PLEASE NOTE: Living Allowance and pay are one and the same; this is basically volunteer service but with some compensation to help with living expenses while doing service with AmeriCorps
- Professional and personal development
- Boys & Girls Club experience
- Opportunity to be a part of a national service movement
- Stipend paid twice monthly (for a total of $2,200 compensation per term)
- Educational award upon successful completion of your term of service
Application Information: To apply, request an application please email Charlette Ardoin at firstname.lastname@example.org Review of applications continues until the positions are filled.
All candidates must pass post-offer/pre-employment requirements, including: Criminal Background Check.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: