Age Minimum (with Adult):18+, Minimum Age:18+
Construction Crew Leader (Americorps)
lowernine.org is looking for an Americorps Construction Crew Leader:
lowernine.org is now hiring an Americorps Construction Crew Leader for September 2018 - July 2019! Before applying, please carefully review the position description and information about serving with Notre Dame Mission Volunteers Americorps (NDMVA).
- Lead groups of volunteers on worksites, instructing them in proper building methods and safety.
- Teach volunteers the skills they need to complete their building tasks.
- Complete work on worksites: tasks will include a wide variety of rebuilding and repair tasks ranging from roofing to flooring to drywall install/finishing to painting,etc.
- Develop Crew Leader training program for lowernine.org
- Support Project Manager in coordinating work schedules for each project and assure there is enough work for all incoming volunteers.
- Assist skilled carpenter and other skilled consultants with site assessments, as needed.
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator and other crew leaders to assess how many volunteers can be handled on each site.
- Assure that each site has the appropriate materials and tools.
- Keep records of each project.
- Attend weekly project meetings with Crew Leaders, Executive Director, and other relevant parties
- Responsible for tool and materials maintenance.
- Secure job site at day’s end.
- Developing a Crew Leader Training program for lowernine.org
- Leading groups of up to 30 rebuild volunteers at a time on designated worksites.
- Teaching volunteers the construction skills needed to rebuild.
- Assuring building quality.
- Leading volunteers on 20 different project sites throughout the year.
- Positive attitude, flexible nature;
- Independence tempered by the ability to follow directions and abide by a workplan;
- Ability to interact professionally with staff and associates;
- Basic building/construction skills, preferred;
- Strong organizational skills evidencing attention to detail
- Ability to be a self-starter.
Monday-Friday 7:45 am-4:00 pm. Occasional Saturday work days required (at most 1 per month). September 10-July 30. Benefits include $12,530 living stipend, student loan forbearance and $5,815 education award, childcare, and health insurance.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Charlotte at email@example.com. Applications are due by July 31 at the latest, but we will review applicants on a rolling basis. Along with acceptance by lowernine.org, you will have to apply to and be accepted to the Notre Dame Mission Volunteers Americorps. You may apply to NDMVA before or after acceptance by lowernine.org.
Position info: https://lowernine.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/lowernine.org-ServiceDescription-NDMVA.pdf
NDMVA info: https://lowernine.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/NDA_NOLA-Program-Information.pdf
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: